My family LOVES Greek food. By love, I mean we have it for Christmas dinner every year… THAT kind of love. Since going vegan, I haven’t been able to enjoy this traditionally greek yogurt or sour cream based dish, until now!
This recipe uses cashew yogurt, which has an unnoticeable cashew flavor because of the spices in the dip. My favorite brand is Forager Project, but you can use what you have on hand or whatever you can find.
This recipe is creamy, extraordinarily easy to make, and requires minimal ingredients. The best thing about this dip: It also comes together in UNDER 30 MINUTES! It makes a great dip for veggies, crackers, and potatoes. It also passes the not-noticibly-vegan-even-by-omnivores test, which is key when bringing food to share with people who aren’t plant based
(yet). The possibilities are endless!
- 2 cups cashew yogurt*
- 1 medium cucumber, grated** (skin on)
- 3 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 heaping cup fresh dill OR 2 heaping tbsp. dried dill
- 3 large or 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lemon zest (optional) for garnish
- Mince garlic and chop dill if using fresh.
- Grate the cucumber (medium grate) on top of a thin dish towel. Once the cucumber is grated, squeeze out the excess water from the cucumber.
- Add all ingredients except cucumber in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add cucumber to bowl and stir until incorporated.
- Transfer into serving bowl and grate lemon zest over the top. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make this, and tell me how you like it! Tag me on Instagram @cookwithcourt and #cookwithcourt